STEP 1: Open the Template
1. Open jsTemplate.html from Week 1 (download here (Links to an external site.) if necessary). Save the file as W3iLab_1.html.
STEP 2: Collect jQuery Library File
1. Use the link to jQuery at Google as shown here, and as described in the week lesson:
…or, download the current jQuery library file from http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.3.js (Links to an external site.). Place the file in the same folder as you are currently working. Note: You may need to copy and paste the code from the browser window into your text editor and then save as jquery-1.11.3.js.
STEP 3: Set the Source for the Library File
1. If you download your own copy, create a set of script tags above the current script tag set, and set the src to the library file in Step 2.
STEP 4: Create jQuery Functions for Events
1. Set an id=”p1″ for the first paragraph
2. Create the document ready function for your page as explained in the text in Chapter 4.
3. Within the document function, create an event handler that will append the contents of the ‘more’ div tag with the message ‘You Clicked!’. Include a line break. The expected results are pictured below.
STEP 5: Create jQuery Functions for Events
1. Create a textbox inside the form. Name the new input element with id=“box1”
2. Create a function that changes the background color of the box to light blue when the box gains the focus.
3. Create a function that changes the background color of the box to pink when the box loses the focus. Hint: Blur.
STEP 6: Create jQuery Functions for Events
1. Create a button next to the textbox on the form. Make the button read, ‘Relay a Message.’
2. Create a function that appends the contents of the results DIV when clicked. The message should be ‘Here is your message’ or something similar. The expected results are pictured below.
STEP 7: Create jQuery Functions for Events
1. When the page loads (onload), hide the form.
2. Change the value of #p1 to ‘Relay a Message’ and make it a hyperlink with the href =”#”
3. Reset the function for the paragraph click event.
Include the designation in the identifier for the anchor tag.
Have the form slide down. Use the ‘slow’ modifier.
4. In the button click event, reset the message to come from the textbox. Hint: Use .val() to collect the user input. Include a line break with the message. The expected results are pictured below.
Click image to open in new window
STEP 8: Prep for Turn-In
1. When your application functions as expected, zip the file submit your assignment.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.