The infectious company, Grocery Stores, Inc. has just been breached by what was first thought to be a remote attacker who infected the supermarket chain with a server based malware program. However, after a security assessment was performed, it was confirmed that it was an inside job. Apparently, a new and sophisticated plan was developed by a disgruntled employee. The attacker slipped malware onto servers at all of the company’s 200 grocery stores. The malware appears to have snatched card data from customers as they swiped their credit cards through the checkout counter machine and transferred the card data overseas.
You’ve been hired as an information security administrator for Grocery Stores, Inc. Your duty is to assess the situation and determine the best course of action to take to ensure that the security breach is contained and eradicated. You will need to interview key staff members and decide how which member(s) can best assist you in eliminating this risk.
Vice President Information Technologies
Human Resources Director
Given the scenario, your role and the information provided by the key players involved, it is time for you to make a decision.
If you are finished reviewing this scenario, close this window and return to this Week’s You Decide tab, in your course, to complete the activity for this scenario.
You can return and review this scenario again at any time.
You Decide Activity
Based on your assessment of the security breach and interviewing the staff in the scenario, develop a server malware protection policy that accounts for the concerns of the stakeholders involved in mitigating the risk of a malware attack; network security controls that prevent the infiltration of viruses, worms, and/or malware; and reducing the chances that the attack originates from an internal source. Please draft an 800–1,200 word paper and submit it to the Dropbox. Use transition words, a thesis statement, an introduction, a body, a conclusion, and a reference page with at least two references. Also, use double-spaced, 12-point Arial font.
Grading Element Percentage
• Assess what occurred during the security breach and the points made during the interview
• Content of your proposed Server Malware Protection policy 80%
Required Length 10%
Spelling and Grammar 5%
APA Style 5%
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox, located at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these step-by-step instructions.
(See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due dates.)
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.