Exam: 418867RR – Normalization, Physical Design, SQL, and Security
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you
hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page
break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Which language is used to manipulate data and data objects in a relational database?
2. If you wanted to assign a user the permission to create schema and run ALTER on any user, what role
should you assign to that user?
3. You’re working on setting a data type for a field that requires a high degree of precision, as it will be
taking scientific values. Which data type should you likely set for this field?
4. If you have a collection of related attributes that can be considered a subtheme for one of the entities
and you remove it, what form is the database now in?
A. Second normal
B. First normal
C. Third normal
D. Fourth normal
5. Which keyword yields the same results as using the >= and <= operators? A. IS B. LIKE C. BETWEEN D. WHERE 6. When a database system requests a login name and password to allow a user to enter the database, what process is being performed? A. Authorization B. Mapping C. Permission D. Authentication 7. A role is a collection of _______, while a schema is a collection of _______ owned by a schema. A. attributes, permissions B. objects, attributes C. objects, permissions D. permissions, objects 8. Which of the following functions is a scalar function? A. SUM B. MAX C. COUNT D. MONTH 9. Of the seven types of normal forms, how many are considered the most critical for creating a working database? A. 2 B. 3 C. 5 D. 4 10. In testing, you find that one of the tables in your database has multiple versions of one of the columns, and updating the information requires the user to go to several different places to make sure the update completes. What process should you use to fix this kind of issue? A. Insertion B. Normalization C. Denormalization D. Compiling 11. In what year was the first ANSI standard for SQL issued? A. 1999 B. 1992 C. 1987 D. 1986 12. _______ are rules about how to do things. A. Procedures B. Reports C. Policies D. Logs 13. You're looking for a DBMS to purchase and install for use with the database you're designing. Because of future expansions, you want to stay away from systems that have file size limits. Which of the following DBMSs should you likely avoid? A. Oracle Express B. MySQL C. PostGres D. Access 14. Why should you perform the denormalization process on a database? A. Correct attribute names B. Improve performance C. Increase data protection D. Correct incorrect linkages 15. What type of clause must you always use with DELETE or UPDATE to avoid inadvertently changing data elsewhere in the database? A. SET B. ORDER C. WHERE D. FROM 16. If you wanted to set the data type for a field that will have different text inputs of varying length, and you wanted the field to be able to handle Unicode, which data type should you likely use? A. nvarchar B. nchar C. varchar D. char 17. The database you're creating will be installed on a group of three servers. What feature of an enterprise RDBMS will allow one server to pick up the processing work if the main server becomes nonoperational? A. Load balancing B. Business intelligence C. Failover D. Data warehouse 18. When users enter data into the database, they find they have to enter a value for every column, as the database won't allow them to continue otherwise. What type of value has been disallowed for this database? A. 0 B. Duplicate End of exam C. Null D. Tab key 19. If you're inputting the statement (6 + 7) × 4 – 8/2 in SQL, which operation should be performed first? A. Parenthetical operation B. Multiplication C. Subtraction D. Division 20. When checking the database, you confirm that the "Enforce Foreign Key Constraint" property is set to "Yes," as expected. What property does this constraint create for the database? A. Referential integrity B. Third normal form C. Functional dependency D. Data redundancy
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at email@example.com and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.