Now that you’ve completed the study guide and required
textbook reading, you’re ready to finish the TicTacToe game
in the final project. You’ll add the application logic to handle
each turn and determine the outcome of the game.
Make sure that you follow all directions completely and verify
your results before submitting the project. Remember to include
all required components in your solution.
In this project, you’ll finish the GUI version of the Tic-Tac-Toe
game. This project will require you to rewrite the application
logic found in the graded project for Lesson 2, but using object
orientation this time. In the instructions, code will be referenced
from the previous graded projects.
1. In NetBeans, open the TicTacToeGUIGame project.
2. In the TicTacToeGUIGame.java file, make the following
changes to the TicTacToeGUIGame class:
a. Add a new method named getOutcome that returns
an Outcome enumeration. Use the winOrTie
method in the Lesson 2 graded project as a guide.
b. In the takeTurn method, use the getOutcome
method to determine whether to continue the game.
Final Graded Project
c. In the takeTurn method, display a dialog message
that displays the winner or tie when the game ends.
Optionally, you can clear the board and start a new
game after it ends.
Note: You can use the following method to display a
dialog message in the current window:
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog (this, “Both players tie.”);
3. Build and run the project. Verify it works as expected.
Don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t run as expected right
away. Try tracing your steps and using System.out.write
statements to figure out where you went wrong.
For your project, you should submit the final JAR file:
To ensure the JAR file is built, you should click the Build
button or hit the F11 key.
To find the JAR file with NetBeans, you need to go to the
TicTacToeGUIGame project folder. To determine this folder,
right-click on TicTacToeGUIGame project in the Projects
panel. Copy the value for the Project Folder textbox using
the keyboard shortcut CTRL+C. In Windows Explorer, paste
the project folder path and hit the ENTER key. Copy the
TicTacToeGUIGame.jar file from the dist folder to your
desktop or any other temporary location.
Follow this procedure to submit your project online:
1. Log on to the Penn Foster website and go to My Courses.
2. Click Take Exam.
3. Attach your file as follows:
a. Click on the Browse box.
b. Locate the file you wish to attach.
c. Double-click on the file.
d. Click Upload File.
2 Graded Project Title
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************