Exam: 038239RR – Integrated Projects for Presentations
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you
hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page
break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Which of the following procedures should you use to open the source of a linked object in PowerPoint?
A. Pass the mouse cursor over the linked object.
B. Click Open linked object from the File button.
C. Double-click the linked object.
D. Right-click on the linked object, and select Update Link.
2. Which of the following procedures should you use to resize an image embedded in a PowerPoint slide?
A. Select the Reset Picture tool, and type in the frame’s new dimensions.
B. Right-click on the image, and select the Update Link option.
C. Select the image, and drag one of the handles on the image’s frame.
D. Select the image, select the Cropping tool, and drag one of the handles on the image’s frame.
3. Hal and Casey are discussing linking and embedding objects. Hal says that when he makes a change to
the object in the source file, the change will also be made in the embedded object. Casey says that to make
a change in an embedded object, he can open the embedded object and make the change. Who is correct?
A. Only Hal is correct.
B. Only Casey is correct.
C. Neither is correct.
D. Both are correct.
4. You’re going to e-mail a PowerPoint presentation to some colleagues. Before you e-mail the file, you
want to make sure all the linked objects in the presentation are up to date and mirror the data currently in
their source documents. What must you do?
A. Open the presentation, select Slide Sorter from PowerPoint’s Slide Show, and then save and close the presentation.
B. Open the presentation, select Object from PowerPoint’s Insert tab, enable (check) the Display as icon check box, and then
save and close the presentation.anbcdefhhi j
C. Open the presentation, navigate one at a time to each slideabxdefghijk containing a link, right-click on each link and select Hyperlink, and
then save and close the presentation.
D. Open the presentation, click Update Links in the dialog box that pops up, and then save and close the presentation.
5. Which tab should you use to apply a theme to an existing PowerPoint presentation?
6. Which of the following formats is valid for a sound file used in a PowerPoint presentation?
7. Which of the following file extensions is used on a document that PowerPoint can import and set up as a
8. Which of the following procedures should you use to edit an embedded object in PowerPoint?
A. Select the embedded object, and click Clear from the Edit menu.
B. Pass the mouse cursor over the embedded object.
C. Double-click the embedded object.
D. Right-click on the embedded object, and select Order.
9. Which of the following procedures would you use to embed or link to an Excel chart in a PowerPoint
A. Select the chart in Excel, click Cut in Excel’s Edit menu, navigate to the PowerPoint slide in which you want the chart to
appear, and click Hyperlink.
B. Navigate to the PowerPoint slide in which you want the chart to appear, click Hyperlink, browse to the Excel document that
contains the chart, and click OK.
C. Select the chart in Excel, navigate to the PowerPoint slide in which you want the chart to appear, and click Copy in
PowerPoint’s Home tab.
D. Select the chart in Excel, press Ctrl+C, navigate to the PowerPoint slide in which you want the chart to appear, and click
Paste Special in PowerPoint’s Home tab.
10. You’ve linked to an Excel bar chart on a PowerPoint slide. You want only the chart to appear on the
slide and for the rest of the object box to be invisible. What should you do?
A. Break the link, and send the embedded object to the back of the slide.
B. In Excel, specify No Fill on the Shape Fill section and No Line on the Border color section.
C. In Excel, specify White for the automatic background color and border.
D. Break the link, and edit the object in PowerPoint to turn the object’s background color and border white.
11. Two IT technicians are discussing PowerPoint. Technician A says that the slides’ contents and notes
for a presentation can be sent from PowerPoint to Word. Technician B says that the outline for a
presentation can be sent from Word to PowerPoint. Who is correct?
A. Both technicians are correct.
B. Only technician B is correct.
C. Neither technician is correct.
D. Only technician A is correct.
12. If you’re preparing your presentation for online, the resolution should be set between _______ dpi.
13. To convert an entire PowerPoint presentation into a video, you should use the
A. Slide Layout command from the File button.
B. Export command from the File button.
C. Video command from the File button.
D. Package command from the File button.
14. Roland wants to add a security password to his presentation and make it read-only. Which of the
following options will Roland use?
A. Optimize Compatibility
B. Protect Presentation
C. Secure Presentation
D. Check for Issues
15. If you’re preparing your presentation for print, the resolution should be set for _______ dpi.
16. If you’re saving a presentation to SkyDrive and sharing it with others, you’re saving it to
A. the Cloud.
B. the Sky.
D. Google Docs.
17. You’re adding effects, such as fade in, to occur in between slides. What is this effect know as?
18. PowerPoint’s default option when you create a video is to save it in which format?
End of exam
19. You want to add a fade effect in between slides in your PowerPoint presentation. Which tab should
you click on to add this option?
20. Sounds can be added to a PowerPoint presentation using the
A. Insert tab.
B. Office button.
C. Slide Show tab.
D. Home tab.