Design for Windows Forms
You now have the basic GUI skill to make the GroceryApp
project a multiple-form application. This project will assess
your understanding of using controls, menus, and handling
Make sure that you follow all directions completely and verify
your results before submitting the project. Remember to
include all required components in your solution or you won’t
receive full credit.
In the graded project for Lesson 3, you added grocery classes
to the GroceryApp project. In this project, you’ll add a form
to allow users to add grocery items to the shopping basket.
The form will also use menus. You’ll also set the startup form
and manage the login form window. The output of this project
will be used in the next graded project.
1. In Visual Studio, load the GroceryApp project that you
completed in Lesson 3.
2. Add a new form to the project named GroceryItemForm.
3. Add controls to GroceryItemForm in the following layout:
Label controls, two TextBox controls, a NumericUpDown
control, a ComboBox control, a GroupBox component, a
RichTextBox control and a Button control.
4. Modify the design-time properties of the form and its
controls using the following table:
5. Add the option E&xit to the Application menu.
6. Add the options A&dd and &View in the Basket menu.
7. Save your work on GroceryItemForm.vb.
8. Open the design view of LoginForm.vb.
9. Select LoginForm. Set the AcceptButton and
CancelButton properties to the buttons btnLogin and
10. Select txtPassword. Set the PasswordChar property to *.
11. Set the TabIndex property for the txtUsername and
txtPassword controls to 0 and 1, respectively.
12. Save these changes on LoginForm.vb.
13. Open the design view of GroceryItemForm.vb.
14. In the form’s Load event, display the login form modally.
15. In the Click event of the btnAddToBasket button, create
a GroceryItem object using the values from the controls
and add it to the basket variable. Remember the basket
variable is the GroceryBasket collection.
a. Make sure all controls except txtScanNumber contain
b. Set the value of the txtScanNumber control using the
txtScanNumber.Text = _
txtBrandName.Text.Substring(0, 3) & “1019”
c. Instantiate the GroceryItem class, using the control
d. Use the following expression to set the Aisle property
This expression converts the text into an Aisle
e. Add the GroceryItem object to the basket variable.
f. Make sure to clear the content of all controls.
16. In the Click event of the Exit menu item, end the application.
17. Have the btnAddToBasket_Click method handle the
Click event of AddToolStripMenuItem as well.
18. In the Click event of the View menu item, display all of
the items in the basket variable in an informational message
box. You need only display the Aisle, ScanNumber,
and BrandName properties. See Assignment 9 for help.
19. Set GroceryItemForm as the startup form.
20. Save and run the application. Verify that all controls and
menus work correctly. You must provide a valid username
and password to access the main form.
21. Make sure to test your work fully before submitting your
Note: If you close the Login form, you don’t need to perform
the login process. This is by design, so that you can test the
application without logging on.
To submit your project, you must provide the following three
To find these files, you should go to directory where you
saved the GroceryApp project. To determine this path,
click on GroceryApp in the Solution Explorer panel. Copy
the value for the Project Folder property in the Properties
panel. In Windows Explorer, paste the file path and
press the Enter key. Copy the LoginForm.Designer.vb,
GroceryItemForm.vb, and GroceryItemForm.Designer.vb
files to your desktop or any other temporary location.
Use the following procedure to submit your project online:
1. Log in to view your student homepage and go to the
My Courses page.
2. Click on Take Exam next to the lesson you’re working on.
3. Attach your files as follows:
a. Click on the Browse box.
b. Locate the file you wish to attach.
c. Double-click on the file.
d. Click Upload File.
e. If you have more than one file to attach, repeat
steps a–d for each file.
4. Enter your e-mail address in the box provided.
(Note: Your e-mail address is required for online
5. If you wish to include comments about this project to
your instructor, enter your comments in the Message
6. Click on Submit Files.
Remember to follow directions and follow good OOP principles
as described in the study guide.
Your project will be graded using the following rubric:
■ The GroceryItemForm contains
the required controls and layout. 140 points
■ The GroceryItemForm contains
the required application logic. 120 points
■ The LoginForm has been
modified correctly. 110 points
■ All source code files are included. 130 points
TOTAL 100 points
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at email@example.com and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.