Now that you’ve completed the material related to Chapters 10 and 11 of your textbook, you’re ready to complete Graded Project 4. For this graded project, you’ll use many of the C# skills you’ve learned thus far. Follow all the instructions for this graded project, and follow good programming practices as you create your solution. Remember to include all the required components when you submit your solution.
To finish this graded project, which is based on Exercise 6a on pp. 537–538, you must complete a number of tasks to create the necessary solution. You’ll create a ■ BookException class
■ A Book class
■ A program that establishes several Book objects and handles any thrown exceptions
Note: To complete this graded project, use a text editor or use Microsoft Visual C# software. The figures included in this graded project show the steps involved when using the Visual C# integrated development environment (IDE). The IDE adds extra code, so if you choose to create your program using a text editor instead of the IDE, the code may be slightly different. When you’re finished, be sure to run your program to make sure it works. Remember: Always run your program after you complete the code to make sure it works appropriately.
Begin this graded project by completing these steps:
1. Start a new C# project named BookExceptionDemo.cs.
2. Save the BookExceptionDemo.cs program in Chapter.11 folder in your Student files (Figure 10).
3. Create a BookException class whose constructor receives a string that consists of a book title, author, price, and number of pages. Refer to pp. 499–502 of your textbook.
Next, create a Book class with the following four fields:
4. Number of pages
FIGURE 10—Creating a New Project
Graded Project 63
After creating a Book class, complete these steps: 1. Create a program that establishes several Book objects and handles any throw BookExceptions. Refer to pp. 522–524 of your textbook.
2. Save your program.
3. Now build your program by selecting Build from the menu bar (Figure 11). Your program will automatically build. Any errors that could occur in the code will typically be shown at the bottom of your screen.
4. After you’ve built your program, test your program by selecting Debug > Start Debugging from the menu bar (Figure 12). Your program will execute and display results. If any errors occur during the execution of your program, you’ll be prompted and taken back to your code so you can make corrections.
5. If necessary, continue Steps 3 and 4 in Part C until your program works as intended.
FIGURE 11—Building Your Program
FIGURE 12—Debugging Your Program
How to Submit Your Project
Use the following procedure to submit your project online:
1. Log in to view your student homepage and go to the My Courses page.
2. Click Take Exam next to the lesson on which you’re working.
3. Attach your file as follows by following steps a–d.
a. Click on the Browse box.
b. Locate the file you wish to attach.
c. Double-click on the file.
d. Click Upload File.
e. If you have more than one file to attach, repeat steps a–d for each file.
4. Enter your e-mail address in the box provided. (Note: Your e-mail address is required for online submissions.)
5. If you wish to include comments about this project to your instructor, enter your comments in the Message box.
6. Click Submit File.
Your instructor will use the following guidelines to grade your project:
■ Successfully completed Part A 25 points _______
■ Successfully completed Part B 25 points _______
■ Successfully completed Part C 25 points _______
■ Saved the solution as BookExceptionDemo.cs 5 points _______
■ Followed the instructions appropriately 10 points _______
■ Solution works appropriately 10 points _______
STUDENT’S TOTAL POINTS 100 points _______
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at email@example.com and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.