TABLE OF CONTENTS
Document a Small LAN
Document the design, configuration, and testing of a small LAN.
This is a team assignment. Teams may include two or three members of the class. The overall objective is to document the design, configuration, and testing of a small network (LAN).
Create a Word document that includes a network diagram, a set of configuration listings, a selection of diagnostic and discovery commands, and a short written summary answering the questions listed below. Be sure to verify spelling.
1. Create a cover sheet to list the team members, the class, the instructor’s name, and the submission date. This is page one of your project.
2. Use Visio to draw a small Local Area Network that consists of one router, two switches, and two PCs basically in this layout: PC1 – Switch1 – Router – Switch2 – PC2. Copy and paste your diagram on to the second page of your Word document.
3. Beginning with page three, write out the full configuration of ALL of the devices in your network to include two IPv4 subnets with the appropriate IP addresses, subnet masks, default gateways, and VLAN1 addresses. Include names for the devices and provide secure passwords at all levels of the network appliances. Include SSH on the router.
4. On a new, separate page, write out the full command line syntax to (1) save the configurations; (2) verify connectivity from one PC through the network to the other PC (use two different commands to do this); (3) display the saved configuration of the devices; and (4) display the routing table.
5. On your last page, answer the following: What part of this project was the most difficult and why? Do you feel more confident in your ability to actually build this kind of a network having completed this project? Why or why not?
Category Points % Description
Diagram 20 20 Visio diagram pasted into a Word document
Configurations and Commands 60 60 Configuration scripts for each device with additional diagnostic and discovery commands as specified
Question Responses 10 10 Short answer responses to the provided questions
Quality Work/Overall Appearance 10 10 Professional look and feel
Total 100 100 A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Do not procrastinate putting this project together. Give yourselves enough time to try out some ideas and get consensus as a team. Seek help by doing some research on your own and by reaching out to your classmates and to your Instructor. Work at it until you arrive at a solution. Divide the workload in this project by assigning each member of the team part of this project. That said, the configurations and commands requirements should be shared by all. Double-check each others’ contributions.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.