MIS582 Lab 4 (old version)- Guaranteed 100% score
iLab 4 : Forms and Reports (75 Points)
i L A B O V E R V I E W
Scenario and Summary
In this assignment, you will learn to create and save forms and reports in a provided Access database. To complete this assignment, you will need to be able to run Access 2010.
Name your Access database file using Lab4_, your first initial, and your last name (e.g., Lab4_JSmith.accdb). Create and save your Access database file. When you are done, submit your database to the Course Project Dropbox.
i L A B S T E P S
* Download the Lab4_FormsReports.accdb database from Doc Sharing.
* Rename the Lab4_FormsReports.accdb database with a name containing Lab4_, your first initial, and your last name as the file name (e.g., Lab4_JSmith.accdb).
# Run Access 2010, either via Citrix or from Visio 2010 installed on your workstation.
# Open the database you renamed in Step 1.
Create a report for each of the following requirements. Reports may be created using the wizard or an SQL query. Reports should follow the formatting guidelines given in the next step. Reports should be named as indicated below (e.g., Report1, Report2, etc.).
1. Report1: Show Instructor information (Instructor_ID, First_Name, Last_Name) grouped by Approved Course_No.
2. Report2: Show student information (Student_ID, First_Name, Last_Name, Status, Zip) grouped by Major.
3. Report3: Show student information (Student_ID, First_Name, Last_Name, Major) grouped by Zip code. Zip codes should be in increasing order.
4. Report4: Show student information (First_Name, Last_Name) grouped by Course Number and Course Name. Course Number should be in in increasing order.
5. Report5: Show student information (Student_ID, First_Name, Last_Name, Address, Zip) grouped by Status. Students should be in alphabetical order by Last_Name and;then First_Name.
# Reports should display two or more child rows for each parent row. For example, Report1 should display each Course_No with instructors who are approved to teach the course grouped under it. In this case, the parent row would be the Approved Course_No with Instructor listed as child rows underneath each parent row
# There should be at least two child rows of data for each parent row. Add data to the tables in order to have reports show at least two child rows per parent.
Form1: Create a form based on an SQL query.
* Create and run an SQL query that displays Student Information (Student_ID, First_Name, Last_Name, Address, Zip).
* Save the query in the database named Form1Query.
* Create a form based on Form1Query. While Form1Query is selected, go to the Create menu and select Form to build the basic form.
* Select the form and switch between the views (Forms, Layout, and Design) to change the properties or the form’s appearance as desired.
* Save the form in the database named Form1Query.
Form2: Create a form using the Form Wizard.
* Invoke the Form Wizard as shown in the tutorials above.
* Using the Form Wizard, create a form showing instructor information (Instructor_ID, First_Name, Last_Name, Office_No).
* Switch between the views (Forms, Layout, and Design) to change the properties or the form’s appearance as desired.
* Save the form in the database named Form2Wizard.
Form3: Create a form using a master detail relationship. A master detail relationship is simply a 1:N relationship between two tables. Use subforms to format the form in a split data entry form as shown in Figure 1-9. You may use SQL queries or the wizard or both to create your form and subform.
# Create a master form showing student information (Student_ID, First_Name, Last_Name, Address, Zip, Major, Status).
# Create a detail Subform showing Student_ID, Class_ID, and Student_Grade.
# For each student displayed, the student’s classes and grades should be displayed in the detail form.
# Switch between the views (Forms, Layout, and Design) to change the properties or the form’s appearance.
# Save the form in the database named Form3MaterDetail.
When you are done, save the file on your local hard drive and upload it to the Course Project Dropbox. Your file should have the following filename format: Lab4_FirstInitialLastName.accdb.
The maximum number of points possible will be awarded according to the following rubrics.
* 5 points: Assignment delivered as an Access database
* 8 points: Report 1
* 8 points: Report 2
* 8 points: Report 3
* 10 points: Report 4
* 10 points: Report 5
* 8 points: Form 1
* 8 points: Form 2
* 10 points: Form 3
Points will be subtracted from each report for the following errors.
* 1 point: Report not named as specified
* 1 points: Report not formatted to display two or more child rows for each parent row as required
* 1 points: Not enough data added to show two child rows for each parent row
* 1 points: Does not implement the required sort
* – half of points possible: Does not return any data
* 0 points: Awarded to any report that is not saved in the submitted database
Points will be subtracted from each report for the following errors.
* -2 points: Forms do not show the data specified.
* -1 point: Forms not named as specified.
* -2 points: No query saved for Form 1.
* -4 points: No master detail relationship shown in Form 3.
* – half of points possible: Report does not return any data.
* 0 points: Awarded for any form not saved in the submitted database
This assignment is subject to the late policy outlined in the Syllabus.
Step 7 : figure 1-9
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at [email protected].
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at [email protected] and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.