Lab 1: Installing MySQL Community Server and MySQL Workbench (40 Points)
Week 1 iLab introduces the MySQL database download options and installation steps.
Scenario and Summary
Part 1: Installing MySQL Installer and MySQL Workbench
1. Choose which distribution to install.
Several versions of MySQL are available, and most are available in several distribution formats. We choose a production (stable) release:
MySQL 5.6: Latest General Availability (Production) release
2. How to Install, Configure, and Verify a MySQL Workbench on Windows 7.
To start, go to the MySQL Official site:
a) Select Downloads tab on the top;
b) Scroll down and under MySQL Community Edition select Community (GPL) Downloads;
c) Choose MySQL on Windows (Installer & Tools) and click ‘DOWNLOAD’
(Current Generally Available Release 5.6.21 or higher)
– Select MySQL Installer which provides wizard for installation.
– Scroll down to select platform:
Select Platform: Microsoft Windows
Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer, click Download button
d) The Begin Your Download window come up,
e) Bypass Begin Your Download form, on the bottom of the page, choose No thank you, just take me to the downloads,
f) Appears Panel with Do you want to run or save mysql-installer-web-community-5.6.22.msi from cdn.mysql.com? Choose Run.
g) Message Do you want to allow the following program to install software on this computer? Answer Yes.
h) Accept License Agreement, click Next.
i) Window Choosing a Setup Type.
– Check Full radio button to install all included MySQL products and features; click Next.
j) Window Check Requirements – follow instructions on the window. Click Next.
k) Click Execute to start downloading process. Installer shows the status of installation (upgrade) for each product. Click Next.
l) Product Configuration screen appears and shows products to be installed using Wizard. Click Next.
m) Type and Networking screen appears – Click Next;
n) Accounts & Roles screen – to set up MySQL password. Type password and note it. Click Next.
o) Windows Services screen – choose Standard System account; Click Next.
p) Apply Server configuration screen – click Execute.
q) After processing, press Finish.
r) Product Configuration screen – Click Next.
s) Connect to Server screen – click Check.
t) Message connection successful.
u) Click Next.
v) Screen Apply server configuration – Click Execute.
w) Installer shows progress.
x) When complete, click Finish.
y) Product Configuration screen – Click Next.
z) Installation complete message will notify about installation completion.
aa) Click Finish.
Part 2: Installing MySQL Server
To start, go to the MySQL official site:
a) Select Downloads option;
Under MySQL community edition, select MySQL Community Server; click DOWNLOAD;
b) Select Platform: Microsoft Windows
c) Choose Other downloads: Windows 32-bit or 64-bit and press Download. To verify your OS parameters, go to Start, Control panel, System and Security, System will show the System type;
d) The Registration window comes up, click register. As soon as you are registered, you will be able to log in.
e) Bypass form. On the bottom of the page, choose No thank you, just take me to the downloads.
f) Select the nearest location (example: North America’ option, Hurricane Electric, choose ‘HTTP’ option there), Save a file;
g) Close the download window;
h) Close your browser;
i) Once the download is complete, you will see a new icon on Desktop – MySQL Installer;
j) Click on a new icon on Desktop – MySQL Installer;
k) Run it;
l) Installation Wizard comes up. Click Next;
m) On a Please select a set-up type, choose Custom and click Next;
n) On new screen, choose how the feature will be installed – show the directory: on the C: drive and under the webdev directory, create new folder mysql and click OK.
o) Click Next. Hit Install – installation starts, Status bar shows the progress;
p) MySQL provides an additional information available for fee, click Next;
q) On screen Wizard completed, uncheck Register MySQL server now and check Configure MySQL server now;
r) Select Finish;
s) If you are asked about the permission to install program, click Yes;
t) On the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard, click Next;
u) Please select a configuration type Detailed configuration and click Next;
v) On the next page, uncheck the Developer machine and choose Server machine. Click Next;
w) For the database usage, choose Multifunctional Database. Click Next;
x) For the InnoDB datafile, choose C: drive. Click Next;
y) For the concurrent connections to the server (how many users may work simultaneously to MySQL server), choose default Decision Support (DSS)/OLAP for 20 users;
z) For the Networking option, check Enable TCP/IP Networking with default port 3306; also leave checked Enable Strict Mode. Click Next;
aa) For the default character set, choose Standard Character set; hit Next;
bb) For the Windows option, check Install as a Windows server; it will start MySQL server when computer is up;
cc) Also, select Include the Directory to Windows PATH. So we can work from command path; click Next;
dd) To select security options, create password, click Next;
ee) Execute your configurations;
ff) When complete, click Finish.
Your assignment will be graded based on the following.
Assignment Step Description Points
Step 1 Install MYSQL Installer 10
Step 2 Install MySQL Workbench 15
Step 3 Install MySQL Community Server 15
Total Lab Points 40
Steps 1, 2, and 3 will have you create a single Word document for this week’s iLab. Include the screenshots of the beginning and the last steps of installation. Add your feedback (issues, questions, errors) for the installations. Please be sure to label your document and include your name and course number in the heading. Save your document as yourname_iLab_1.docx.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.