TABLE OF CONTENTS
Open the Week 4 Lab Document (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. All of the directions are included in the document.
The data for this lab is distributed by your professor.
The document includes places where you need to input the answers. Any place where you see a gray box is where you need to put an answer.
Fill in the document, save it with your name in the title, and submit the document.
Below is the grading rubric for this assignment.
Category Points % Description
Question 1 12 17% Three graphs
Question 2 8 11% Mean and standard deviation
Questions 3 and 4 20 29% Probabilities
Questions 5–9 30 43% Calculations and interpretations
Total 70 100% A quality lab will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
Use a personal copy or access the software at https://lab.devry.edu (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
Prepare and Submit Lab
1. Open Excel.
2. Open the lab Word document.
3. Follow the steps in the lab Word document to do calculations in Excel.
4. Copy and paste from Excel into the Word document or retype the answer, and then complete the answers to the questions in complete sentences (fill in each gray box in the Word document).
5. Save the lab Word document, and submit it; no other files should be submitted.
Submit your lab.
MATH 221 Statistics for Decision Making
Week 4 Lab
• Binomial Probability Distribution
Calculating Binomial Probabilities
Open a new Excel worksheet.
1. Open spreadsheet
2. In cell A1 type “success” as the label
3. Under that in column A, type 0 through 10 (these will be in rows 2 through 12)
4. In cell B1, type “one fourth”
5. In cell B2, type “=BINOM.DIST(A2,10,0.25,FALSE)” [NOTE: if you have Excel 2007, then the formula is BINOMDIST without the period]
6. Then copy and paste this formula in cells B3 through B12
7. In cell C1, type “one half”
8. In cell C2, type “=BINOM.DIST(A2,10,0.5,FALSE)”
9. Copy and paste this formula in cells C3 through C12
10. In cell D1 type “three fourths”
11. In cell D2, type “=BINOM.DIST(A2,10,0.75,FALSE)”
12. Copy and paste this formula in cells D3 through D12
Plotting the Binomial Probabilities
1. Create plots for the three binomial distributions above. You can create the scatter plots in Excel by selecting the data you want plotted, clicking on INSERT, CHARTS, SCATTER, then selecting the first chart shown which is dots with no connecting lines. Do this two more times and for graph 2 set Y equal to ‘one half’ and X to ‘success’, and for graph 3 set Y equal to ‘three fourths’ and X to ‘success’. Paste those three scatter plots in the grey area below.
Calculating Descriptive Statistics
You will use the same class survey results that were entered into the worksheet for the Week 2 Lab Assignment for question 2.
2. Calculate descriptive statistics for the variable (Coin) where each of the thirty-five students flipped a coin 10 times. Round your answers to three decimal places and type the mean and the standard deviation in the grey area below.
Short Answer Writing Assignment – Both the calculated binomial probabilities and the descriptive statistics from the class database will be used to answer the following questions. Round all numeric answers to three decimal places.
3. List the probability value for each possibility in the binomial experiment calculated at the beginning of this lab, which was calculated with the probability of a success being ½. (Complete sentence not necessary; round your answers to three decimal places)
4. Give the probability for the following based on the calculations in question 3 above, with the probability of a success being ½. (Complete sentence not necessary; round your answers to three decimal places)
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.