ECET360 Lab 1
Commander Process Simulation
1. Objectives — List at least two objectives that are related to this week’s lesson. (4 pts)
2. Write a C or C++ program to perform the simulation:
• Instruct the user to make the following selections:
D: Display date and time
U: Unblock the queue
P: Print the current status of process
T: Print the process time and exit
• Option T can be only selected once. You need to use program to control it.
• In option D, use the format mm dd year in the date and current time display.
• In options U and P, you only need to print a string to show the process. We can fill in more in the next two labs.
• In option T, you should make the program wait for strings and/or character(s) to calculate the time interval between the first and second processes.
• Hint: It is best to use switch…case structure in C++.
3. Attach C++ source file below. The file should include proper comments. (30 pts)
4. When submitting your work, upload this document file and the executable file. (10 pts)
5. Write a conclusion. What have you achieved? What problems did you encounter? How did you overcome them? (6 pts)
Notice that having C++ source code is not enough to prove that your lab works. It is very important that you include the executable (.exe) file in your submission so that I can check if your program works properly. I will test your executable file.
Software Installation: To learn how to use NetBean IDE to create, built and debug a C/C++ program.
In this lab, you will need to download two free (yet sophisticated) application programs: NetBean IDE 8.2 and Cygwin. During installation, please use correct .exe files depending on if your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit.
Step 1. Install NetBean IDE 8.2 from:
Follow the instructions from:
Pay careful attention to the instructions after the following line on the above website page:
To install the GNU gcc and g++ compilers, make, and gdb debugger from cygwin.com:
Step 2. Install cygwin, go to https://cygwin.com/. Keep consistency, use either 64-bit or 32-bit depending on your Windows.
Step 3. Watch the following YouTube video, so that you know how to add the path.
Try a simple project such as HelloWorld first.
When debugging the project (Debug -> Debug Project HelloWorld ), you may encounter the pop up window asking for additional paths. In this window, next to debug, add C:\cygwin64\bin\gdb.exe and next to make, add C:\cygwin64\bin\make.exe. This is to include all the necessary build and debug applications. Then, click on OK.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.