Question 1. 1. (TCO 1) According to the book, a database system is essentially a high-powered way to manage _____. (Points : 5)
Lists of information
Question 2. 2. (TCO 1) When you want to terminate a session in MySQL, which of the following commands is not valid? (Points : 5)
Question 3. 3. (TCO 2) To set up a MySQL account to use for connecting to the server it is necessary to connect to the server as the MySQL _____ user.
(Points : 5)
Question 4. 4. (TCO 2) Which of the following statements about how MySQL needs to be or can be installed is false? (Points : 5)
Since MySQL works on a network, you do not need to be logged in on the server machine.
Since MySQL works on a network, you need to be logged in on the server machine.
Since MySQL works on a network, you only need to be able to connect a client to the server.
Since MySQL works on a network, you have to have Internet access, regardless.
Question 5. 5. (TCO 3) According to your text, which of the following would be the first administrative task that you perform after installing the MySQL database? (Points : 5)
Log and make sure you can log back on.
Ensure that the server can be accessed only by authorized users.
Create the data dictionary.
Run a query to see what tables were installed.
Question 6. 6. (TCO 3) On a Unix server, if you start the server after logging in then the server starts as _____. (Points : 5)
the root user
the user designated as the administrator
the user you are logged in as
the SYSTEM user
Question 7. 7. (TCO 3) Which of the following is not a stated characteristic of a data-type, as stated in your textbook?
(Points : 5)
What kind of values it can represent.
How much storage space values require.
Whether and how the type can be indexed.
Whether it can be used in an application.
Question 8. 8. (TCO 3) Which of the following is stated in your textbook as being a way that MySQL handles of out-of-range or otherwise improper values numeric or time data-type columns in a table? (Points : 5)
Data that is too long is truncated to fit the maximum length of the column.
Values outside the legal range are clipped to the nearest endpoint of the range and the resulting value is stored.
It depends on the values that are listed as legal in the column definition.
An error is raised and the value is not allowed.
Question 9. 9. (TCO 4) The MySQL server provides a number of different storage engines from which to select. Which of the storage engines listed below is not available by default? (Points : 5)
Question 10. 10. (TCO 4) You are going to run a second server in a Windows environment. Which one of the following statements is true about setting up the environment? (Points : 5)
The two servers can use the same program binaries and data directories.
You can only start the two servers manually on a Windows platform.
The directory for the second server must exist before you can start the server.
To create a Windows service for MySQL, you would use the –service option.
Question 11. 11. (TCO 6) MySQL stores information about system variables in a set of tables that can be queried to get different pieces of data. Which one of the following is the name of the Schema these tables are found in? (Points : 5)
Question 12. 12. (TCO 6) In a Windows environment, what is the name of the file that the server writes diagnostic information to by default? (Points : 5)
Question 13. 13. (TCO 6) Which one of the following is not a valid method for keeping MySQL logs manageable? (Points : 5)
Log table truncation or rotation
Question 14. 14. (TCO 8) You are using the InnoDB storage engine and are using the default 10MB tablespace file which is named _____ by default. (Points : 5)
Question 15. 15. (TCO 8) Which of the following is the maximum size allowed for the log buffer in the InnoDB tablespace?
(Points : 5)
Question 16. 16. (TCO 9) Which of the following would not be considered a responsibility of administering a MySQL server? (Points : 5)
Securing your MySQL setup after installing it.
Monitoring and setting the server’s operating parameters.
Monitoring the network.
Maintaining server logs.
Question 1. (TCO 1) According to your text, describe in your own words what a database system is. (Points : 10)
Question 3. (TCO 3) The InnoDB storage engine treats its buffer pool as a list of blocks and uses several system variables to control the size and division of the pool. In your own words, describe what the innodb_buffer_pool_instances variable does, what its settings are, and how it is used. (Points : 10)
Question 4. (TCO 4) In your own words, explain why it is more complex to use raw partitions as components of the InnoDB system tablespace. (Points : 10)
Question 5. (TCO 8) MySQL allows for performing full-text searches, which enables one to look for words or phrases without using pattern-matching options. In your own words, list and describe the three types of full-text searches available in MySQL. (Points : 10)
Question 6. (TCO 9) As a DBA you want to make sure that data is secure and concurrent. In your own words, describe how the server enforces concurrency in the database. (Points : 10)
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at email@example.com and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.