DBM405B Lab 7 in PL/SQL – GUI interface to DB2 Database – PL/SQL Script with Screenshot – Instant Delivery – Perfect Solution
A. Lab 7 of 7: GUI interface to DB2 Database
B. Lab Overview – Scenario/Summary:
You have been asked to design a front-end application that accesses a DB2 backend database.
Upon completion of this lab, students would have a better understanding of how to design a GUI front-end application that interacts with a DB2 database using SQL.
Step #1 Design a GUI 30 Pts
Step #2 Explain your GUI Design 20 Pts
Step #3 Design Connectivity 10 Pts
Total Lab Points 60 Pts
D. Lab Steps:
Step 1: Design a GUI
• Using Word, PowerPoint, or any drawing-capable application of your choice, construct a rough prototype of a GUI application that can be used to maintain the Student table that we have been using throughout the course. This application should permit the user to enter, update, and delete student records. It should also allow for the user to search for specific records. For the sake of simplicity, limit your GUI to a single screen. Neatness counts, but don’t worry about colors and other cosmetic adornments that do not functionally impact the GUI.
• However you construct your prototype, you must paste an image of it into a Word document for submission. This should eliminate any software compatibility issues between you and the instructor who will review your work.
Step 2: Explain Your GUI Design
• Explain any aspects of your GUI design that are not adequately captured by your diagram. For example, you might want to discuss tab order here.
• Discuss which attributes of the Student table can be edited through your GUI and which, if any, cannot. Explain the reasons for these choices. (Hint: You should consider the requirements of referential integrity and the intent of auditing fields when constructing your answer.)
• You should not need more than a page or so to do this part of the assignment as completely as is expected.
Step 3: Design Connectivity
• Explain how your application will connect to the database that holds the Student table, and why you chose this approach.
• You should not need more than a paragraph or two to do this part of the assignment as completely as is expected.
END OF LAB 7
For Submission into the Week 7 iLab Dropbox:
Zipped file containing:
• GUI prototype diagram
• Narrative answers to parts 2 and 3
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at [email protected].
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at [email protected] and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.