COMP274 Week 3 Homework – Guaranteed 100% score
Week 3 Homework Assignment
1. Write a statement to create a JFrame object with a title of “My GUI Application”.
2. Given the object you created in question 1,write a statement to specify the window size to be 300 pixels wide and 400 pixels high?
3. What would you need to do to the object from question 1 to make sure that the application containing the object terminated when the object’s window was closed?
4. Write a Java statement to make the window associated with the object from question 1 visible.
5. Explain how a BorderLayout manages its display area.
6. Explain how a FlowLayout manages its display area.
7. Write a Java statement to have the object from question 1 manage its display area by dividing it into 3 rows which have 4 columns each.
8. The frame object from question 1 uses a BorderLayout by default. Write Java statements to create a JTextfield object and place it into the bottom part of the frame object’s window.
9. Describe the sequence of steps needed to create 3 labels and place them side by side in the top part of a frame which is using a BorderLayout.
10. What happens if you add two different button objects to the SOUTH part of a frame using a BorderLayout?
11. Write a sequence of statements to create 2 JButton objects, and do what is needed so the two buttons appear one above the other on the left side of the display associated with a frame object which is using a BorderLayout. Create ALL objects required.
12. What packages would need to be imported for the code from question 11?