Lab 2: Format a Web Page Using CSS
This iLab supports the following TCOs.
TCO 3—Given an original source document, convert the document to a web page using HTML and CSS.
TCO 4—Given an older website that requires updating, review the techniques used to create the current site; develop a plan to revise the site using CSS layout techniques, client-side scripts, and other current website design techniques; and convert the web pages based on the plan.
Given a basic HTML file, create and apply embedded CSS styles to the content on the page. Given the same basic HTML page, create and attach an external CSS file based on the specifications given in the assignment.
1. You will need to create embedded and external CSS style rules.
2. You will also need to attach an external CSS file to the original HTML page.
Part A—Create embedded CSS rules. 10
Part B—Create and attach the CSS file. 3
Part B—Create CSS rules for the listed tags in the external CSS file. 8
Part C—Create the listed CSS class rules. 8
Part C—Apply the CSS class rules to the HTML content. 5
Lab Report—All sections complete. 6
1. Download the lab2.html document found in the Lab section of Doc Sharing.
Part A: Embedded CSS
1. Create Embedded CSS Rules.
In the lab2.html file, create a set of embedded CSS rules for the following properties. You will need to identify the appropriate tag(s) and attributes for each set of rules.
Background color for the page A light tan: #FC6
Font color for all text in the page A dark blue: #039
Font for all text in the page Comic Sans MS
Font size for all the text in the page Body: 14 points
Color for all hyperlinks Dark red: #CC0000
Visited link color for all hyperlink Dark red: #CC0000
Rollover link color for all hyperlinks Dark green: #060
Active link color for all hyperlinks Dark red: #CC0000
No link should be underlined for all links Never underline
Part B: External CSS
1. Create and attach the CSS file.
• Create a new CSS file.
• Save the file and name it styles.css.
• Attach the styles.css file to the lab3.html file.
2. Create the CSS tag rules.
• For all of the following tags, create the CSS rule from the descriptions below.
• All rules should be created in the styles.css file.
H1 Background color: #39f
Border on the bottom with the following rules
• Width: thin
• Style: solid
• Color: #003
Margin on all sides: 35 pixels
H2 Text color: #333, bold
p Font: Georgia
Text color: #030
Padding of 15 pixels on all sides
li Font family: Arial
Background color: gray
Text color: black, bold
Text size: 18 points
Part C: CSS Class Rules
1. Create the CSS class rules.
• In the styles.css file, create the following class rules using CSS.
This class will be applied to Example 1. Background color: #699
Text color: #033, bold
Text size: 10 points
Margin on all sides: 25 pixels
Padding on all sides: 25 pixels
This class will be applied to Example 2. Background color: #66c
Border on all sides with the following rules
• Width: 10px
• Style: solid
• Color: #06c
Text size: 10 pixels
Text color: #ccc
This class will be applied to Example 3. Font family: Arial
Background color: #6ff
Text color: 030
Text size: 36 points
Margin on all sides: 50 pixels
Padding on all sides: 50 pixels
2. Apply the CSS class rules to the HTML content.
• Apply the class CSS rules to the corresponding content in the lab3.html file as specified in the above table.
Part D: Complete the Lab Report
1. Download the CIS363_Lab_Report.docx file from Doc Sharing.
2. The lab report must be completed for all labs. The key parts of the report include the following.
• Objectives: A one paragraph explanation of the purpose of the lab.
• Results: Include a screenshot of the working web site/page.
• Conclusions: A one paragraph explanation of what you learned while completing the lab, any challenges you had to work through, and how you can use what you learned going forward.
1. Copy Files from the Citrix server (if necessary).
2. Zip all of the files from Parts A, B, and C into a single zip file.
3. Submit your zip file to the Dropbox.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.