Lab 1: Basic Site Design and HTML
You want to create an online resume where you can show off your skills to potential employers. Start by creating a simple 4-page website. You can keep adding to this site as you progress through your program, updating it with your knowledge, skills, and examples of projects that you have done.
Create a home page with some information about yourself. Create a page for your educational background, a page for your work experience, and a portfolio page with a list of projects that you have created. Link them all together and add appropriate graphics.
Site Diagram—Four pages included and named appropriately. 4
Site Diagram—All pages connected in the diagram. 4
Web Site—Includes four pages as indicated in the site diagram. 4
Web Site—Pages named appropriately; home page named index.html. 4
Web Site—All pages connected with working hyperlinks. 5
Web Site—Text formatted using at least three different tags. 4
Web Site—Images included and displaying correctly. 5
Web Site—Content complete on all pages. 4
Lab Report—All sections complete. 6
Part A: Site Diagram
1. Create a new Visio file.
• Log on to the Citrix server and start MS Visio.
• Create a new file. Select Software and Database for the template category.
• Select Conceptual Web Diagram for the template.
2. Add pages to the site map.
• Add the home Web page object, and three more Web page objects.
• Label the objects appropriately for your Index page, Education page, Work Experience page, and Portfolio page.
• Use the Dynamic Connector to add appropriate links between the pages.
3. Save the file to your local computer.
Part B: Create the Web Site
1. Create the home page.
• Create an index.html page.
• Add some general information about yourself.
• Add a picture. Be sure that you have permission to use the picture.
• Include at least three text formatting tags, such as heading level, bold (strong), italics (emphasis), and so forth.
2. Create an education page.
• Create an education.html page.
• Add information about the schools that you have attended, major, classes taken, expected graduation date, and so forth.
• Consider adding pictures of your campus or school.
3. Create a knowledge or skills page.
• Create a skills.html page.
• Add information about your knowledge or skills. Add areas of interest that you would like to pursue (such as mobile development, cloud computing, etc.).
4. Create a portfolio page.
• Create a portfolio.html page.
• Add a list of projects that you have done in your classes. If you do not have any projects yet, add some projects that you would like to pursue. Later, you can create links to .zip files with your projects, but this is not necessary at this time.
5. Create links
• Using your site diagram for reference, create appropriate links from your home page to the other pages.
• You may also want to create links directly from one page to the next (e.g., from the Education page to the Skills page, etc.).
Part C: Complete the Lab Report
1. Download the CIS363 Lab Report document from Doc Sharing.
2. The lab report must be completed for all labs. The key parts of the report include the following.
• Objectives: A one paragraph explanation of the purpose of the lab.
• Results: Include a screenshot of the working web site/page.
• Conclusions: A one paragraph explanation of what you learned while completing the lab, any challenges you had to work through, and how you can use what you learned going forward.
1. Copy Files from the Citrix server (if necessary).
2. Zip all of the files from Parts A, B, and C into a single zip file.
3. Submit your zip file to the Dropbox.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.