Lab 3: Intermediate CSS, Box Model and Page Layout
In this lab, you are going to create a “master” page template that uses responsive CSS (Bootstrap) to create a page layout that you can use as a template for all the pages in your websites, including the course project.
Create a web page that you will use as a template for the lab pages and for your course project (and other assignments). You page design/template shall have at a minimum (you can add additional elements if you like):
• Site master image/logo
• Navigation bar (orientation is up to you)
• Page image (image should reflect information on the page)
• Page header
• Main content
• Page footer.
You template will use responsive grid layout using Bootstrap.css and your own custom CSS style sheet.
Your template and pages should be well-organized, informative, attractive. But does not have to be “final” at this point, as your skills grow over the next couple weeks you will be able to update your template for use in your final project.
Once you have the template created, you will recreate the Week 1 website and apply the template.
Form Design-includes all the required elements. 5
Template-page template implements the form design 10
Template-uses Bootstrap for the grid/responsive layout 5
Template is applied to the Week 1 website (Biography site) 5
Page Structure-all pages use the layout and contain appropriate information 5
Page structure/formatting–are attractive, well structured, with a proper use of color 4
Page Images display correctly, are well sized, and appropriate 3
Navigation for all pages are linked and navigation works correctly. 3
Part A: Create the page layout design
1. Using a drawing tool, or hand draw the page layout.
Part B: Create the page template
1. Create a new project
2. Import the Bootstrap.css into the project
3. Create “myStyles.css” to define (at least) the following styles for your pages:
i. Background color
ii. Font color
iii. Font family
b. Anchor links (visited, active, hover)
c. h1, h2, h3, h4 styles
d. content section borders, margins, and padding.
4. Using your design, Bootstrap.css responsive grid styles and your “myStyles.css”, create the page template (including the strawman navigation structure)
Part C: Create the Website
1. Using the template modify each of the pages you created for the Week 1 “Biography” website.
2. Update the navigation
3. Upload the files to the Web server.
1. Zip up all your project files into a single zip file and submit the zip file.
2. Provide a link to your site in the comments section or paste the link into a separate MS Word document and attach the Word document.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.