Here is your assignment: You work for a flooring company. They have asked you to be a part of their team because they need a computer programmer, analyst, and designer to aid them in tracking customer orders. Your skills will be needed in creating a GUI program that calculates the flooring cost and stores the order in the database.
The project has three components: an analysis and design document, the project code, and a user manual. The analysis and design document is due Week 4. The code and user manual are due in Week 7. It is suggested that you begin working on the code in Week 5, which should give you ample time to complete the project. You will find that the lectures and lab assignments will prepare you for the Course Project.
Back to Top
Your application must include at least three tabs. The user will choose wood flooring or carpet, enter the length and width of the floor, as well as the customer name and address. The application will compute the area of the floor and the cost of the flooring considering that wood floor is $20 per square foot and carpet is $10 per square foot. A summary should be displayed, either in a tab or another window, listing the customer name and address, floor selection, area, and cost. This information should also be stored in the MySQL database table. The program should validate that all information is entered and that the length and width are numeric values. Any numeric or currency values must be formatted appropriately when output. Recommendations for the components used for input are
• radio buttons—flooring type (wood or carpet);
• text fields—customer name, customer address, floor length, and floor width; and
• buttons—calculate area, calculate cost, submit order, display order summary, display order list.
The MySQL database table is called flooring and has the following description.
In addition to entering new customer orders, your application should list all customer orders stored in the database. These will be viewed as a list, in a text area, and will not be updated by the user.
The following grading rubric will be used for the code portion of the project.
Flooring Application Points Description
Standard header included 2 Must contain program name, student name, and description of the program
Program compiles 2 Program does not have any error
Program executes 2 Program runs without any error
Includes at least 3 tabs 10 Three or more tabs are used
Includes components for all required inputs 35 Components for customer name, address, floor type, length, width, area and cost with buttons to calculate area, calculate cost, display order summary, and display order list are included
Area calculation 4 Area is calculated correctly
Cost calculation 5 Cost is calculated correctly
Included data validation 10 If no values or non-numeric values are entered, the proper error message should display.
Correct data is stored in the database table 10 When values are entered, the data is stored correctly in the database table.
Customer orders are displayed in a list 10 All records saved to the database are displayed in a list with appropriate formatting.
Correct output is displayed 10 When values are entered, the order summary is shown with appropriate formatting.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at [email protected].
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at [email protected] and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.