CIS336: Lab 6: Group Functions and Subqueries – Instant Delivery – Perfect Solution
CIS336: Lab 6: Group Functions and Subqueries
Scenario and Summary
Lab 6 will introduce the concept of group functions and subqueries to meet more complex report requirements. This lab may be completed using either DeVry’s Omnymbus EDUPE-APP lab environment, or a local copy of the MySQL database running on your own computer using the OM database tables. The lab will utilize a set of tables that are represented by the ERD (OM_ERD.docx) and are created and populated by the script file (create_OM_db.sql). Follow the instructions in the file CreateOMTables.docx to create your database, tables, and data.
A few IMPORTANT things to note if using EDUPE MySQL:
**There can be NO SPACES in alias names given to a column. For example:
Select unit_price as “Retail Price “ from items; –this does NOT work in EDUPE MySQL.
Any of the following WILL WORK:
Select unit_price as “RetailPrice” from items;
Select unit_price as “Retail_Price” from items;
Select unit_price as Retail_Price from items;
Select unit_price as RetailPrice from items;
**Any calculated fields MUST be given an alias (and note above NO SPACES in alias). For example:
select unit_price * 2 from items; –this does NOT work in EDUPE MySQL
This will work:
select unit_price * 2 as NewPrice from items;
• Lab Report (Answer Sheet) containing both the student-created SQL command(s) for each exercise, and the output showing the results obtained. Be sure your name is on the file.
LAB STEPS: Complete each of the exercises below.
1. Write a query to determine the total number of items on each order. Display the order_id and the total with a heading of TotalItems (note no spaces). Filter to only display information for order_id of 600 or higher.
2. Re-do query 1 but filter to only show those orders with more than 2 items ordered. Sort by the number of items ordered, lowest to highest.
3. The order_details table has a quantity for each item ordered. Show the total amount charged for each item on the order (quantity times price). Display order_id, the item id, the unit price, the quantity times price of the item labeled as “Itemtotal” (note NO spaces). Sort by order id and filter to only display those order ids between 400 and 700.
4. Write a query to display the total amount for each order: show the order id and total. Sort by descending order on the total and only display orders with a total of $40 or more.
5. Re-do query 4 but show the customer name for each order (formatted as a single field with heading of Customer) along with the city, order id and total. Filter to only display customers that live in California. Sort by city.
6. Display the total amount of sales per item. Show title, total quantity sold with a heading of Quantity, total sales with a heading of “TotalSales” (not NO space). Sort by highest to lowest total.
7. Display the total sales for each customer: show customer name (as single field) with a heading of Cutomer and total. Sort lowest to highest total. Filter to only display customers with $50 or more in total orders.
8. Use subqueries to determine which (artist) had the item ordered in highest quantity on an order? First determine the highest quantity on any order, then determine the item number associated with it, then display the artist.
9. Display the total sales by artist: show artist name, total. Sort highest to lowest.
10. USE A SUBQUERY to Increase price of all items by ‘No Rest for the Weary’ by 10%. If working in MySQl you will need to disable safe mode. Show prices before and after. Rollback after.
11. USE A SUBQUERY to display names of customers that have unshipped orders.
12. Display the total amount of sales made to customers in NY
13. USE A SUBQUERY to list the items (title and artist) of items that have never been ordered
14. Show the order history for Samuel Jacobsen. Display the order id, order date, ship date, and total.
15. Show the total amount of sales per sales rep. Display the employee name as a single field along with the total sales, sorted by highest to lowest sales.
This is the end of Lab 6.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.