Task 2 (Due at the end of Week 4)
Using Oracle, develop a database for MiniQuest based on your data model. The database should contain all the aspects outlined in your data model. Be sure to use your data dictionary when creating your tables.
To submit this task, you need to create a file in Notepad called TEAM_X_TASK2.TXT, where X represents your team letter. In this file create a heading called CREATE STATEMENTS and then develop the CREATE TABLE statements required to create your database tables. Be sure to include the DROP TABLE statements at the top of your file so that you can reuse the file. DROP TABLE statements should be in reverse order of CREATE TABLE statements due to integrity constraints. After testing and verifying that all of your create statements work, create a spooled output file with the SET ECHO ON session command set so that your code and the results will show.
Deliverables for this task:
Terri Smith has contacted you with regard to an advertisement you had in the Age promoting your company’s expertise in database design and implementation. Ms. Smith is the Managing Director of MiniQuest, a broadcasting company based in Melbourne, Texas, that broadcasts television via cable to a six-county area in Texas. From your discussion with Ms. Smith, you have identified the following information about the company:
• MiniQuest currently has ten channels of five distinct types (2 Movie Channels, 2 News Channels, 2 Lifestyle Channels, 2 Documentary Channels, and 2 Sport Channels). Each channel shows programs on a 24-hour basis. Programs can appear on either of the two channels in a category or on both channels at any time.
• A guide (Weekly Showing) is produced that lists all the programs on each channel on a daily basis. Currently all the program scheduling for MiniQuest is done manually based on the day the program is to air and the length of the program provided by the supplier. Once this is done, the guides are produced. When the Weekly Showing guide is produced, MiniQuest finds it difficult to work out when a program finishes so that it can determine when the next program starts. The Weekly Showing guide is currently mailed to all customers, but Ms. Smith wants to e-mail it in the future to all customers (who get a free e-mail account).
• In addition to the programming problem, MiniQuest is experiencing the need to keep track of its customers in a better manner (it currently has paper cards and is doing this manually). Furious customers have been reporting that they have been getting fewer channels than they have paid for. As such, MiniQuest wants to incorporate the customer information and the programming information into one database that will produce a daily guide of shows to be sent to customers via e-mail. This guide could then be personalized to only list the shows that the customer is paying for. In addition, only those channels being paid for will be broadcast to that customer’s home.
• Ms. Smith has instigated a customer survey to determine which channel is the favorite for each customer. The result of this survey needs to be stored in the database along with the date of the survey.
• Billing information also needs to be stored in the database. This information includes the billing date (either the 1st or 15th of the month, depending on when the customer signed up), the package(s) the customer has subscribed to (this determines the channels the customer receives – see Table 1), the amount to be paid monthly (based on the package(s) subscribed to), and whether the bill has been paid. Bills are currently sent on a monthly basis. These are currently sent by mail, but will be sent via e-mail in the future.
• Ms. Smith has visions about how the system will operate on a daily basis. (This information is included so that you can get a feel for how the business operates. It should also give you some idea about how the interface would operate between the operator and your database. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO CONSTRUCT AN INTERFACE FOR THIS PROJECT.)
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.