A. Lab # CIS CIS170A-A1
B. Lab 4 of 7: Loops (Iteration)
C. Lab Overview – Scenario / Summary:
full name, Course Title, Week Number, Lab Title
5. Given a set of program specifications for a simple business problem requiring iteration, code and test a program that meets the specifications and employs best programming practices.
10. Given a program’s source code and its program specifications document, conduct a code walk-through to determine if the program meets the specification.
This lab will familiarize the student with For Next loops and Do While loops by calculating and displaying the total amounts of goals, assists, and points over a hockey player’s career.
Step Deliverable Points
5 Program Listing, Output, and Project Files 45
The Dropbox deliverables include the following.
1. Include a zipped file with all the files from your Visual Basic project (see directions in Doc Sharing on how to collect and zip files.)
2. Create a single MS Word document and include the following:
• For each lab, copy and paste your code directly into the MS Word file
• Include screenshot(s) of your test data with test results. Enter enough data to demonstrate that all your code has been tested.
• Include another screenshot of the Visual Basic build output messages. Check your build output to make sure you have a successful build with (0) errors and (0) warnings. NOTE: The build output messages appear at the bottom of your window after you click the Build menu and before you click the Start Without Debugging option. Your build output messages provide a list of compiler warnings or errors and let you know whether your program compiled successfully.
• Include the Word document as part of the zipped project file.
3. Upload each part of the lab into its corresponding weekly Dropbox.
E. Lab Steps:
If you are using the Citrix remote lab, follow the login instructions located in the iLab tab in Course Home.
Locate the Visual Studio 2010 icon on the desktop. Click to open.
Step 1: Create a New Project
Create a new project in VB.NET. Name your project CIS170A_Lab04.
Step 2: Program Description
In this project, you will create a program that will calculate and display the career statistics for a hockey player. The program will input the name of the hockey player (the name must be a non-empty string) and the number of seasons played, which must be at least one season and no more than 20 seasons. Processing the goals and assists cannot start until a valid season value is provided. Once the valid season value is provided, the program will prompt the user to provide the number of goals and assists for each season. The valid number of goals is between 0 and 60 and the valid number of assists is between 0 and 60. The program will keep a running total of the number of goals, the number of assists, and the total points. Also, a list of the each season’s data will be display after the season data is provided. Once all the season data are collected, the program shall list the summary information for the player and all the seasons. See the flowchart below for processing details.
Hint 1: As shown in the reading, use a Do loop to collect the season’s data, along with each season’s goal and assist information.
Hint 2: As shown in the reading, use a list box to list each season’s information
Step 3: Build the Form
The following is the Object, Property, Setting, Event chart for the form controls, and each input field will have a label/input field pair. Also, group the related information in the associated group box.
The form and form controls will be logically placed on the form, the controls aligned and sized, and a logical tab order assigned to each of the form controls.
Object Property Setting
frmHockeyStats Text Hockey Player Statistics
lblHeading Text Name, Course Title, Week Number, Lab Title
grpPlayer Text Player Information
lblName Text Player Name:
txtName Text (empty)
lblSeasons Text Number of Seasons:
txtSeasons Text (empty)
grpStatistics Text Statistic Operations
btnGetStats Text Get Player Statistics
grpResults Text Season Results
lstSeasons Items (empty)
lblTotal Text (empty)
grpOperations Text Operations
btnClear Text Clear
btnExit Text Exit
You are free to experiment with colors and form design as you see fit. However, your application must meet the listed requirements.
Hint: to check if a textbox is the empty string, use the String.IsNullOrEmpty method, such as:
If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(txtName.Text) Then
Hint: do not enable the button to get the statistics until the number of seasons has been validated, such as:
If seasons > 0 AndAlso seasons <= 20 Then e.Cancel = False btnGetStats.Enabled = True Step 4: Implement the Event Handlers Use the following as the design for your event handlers, referring to the flow chart for rules on input validation and processing. The final calculation SHOULD NOT be completed until all the input fields are validated. Control Name Event Task txtName Validating Get player name Validate player name txtSeasons Validating Get number of seasons Validate number of seasons Enable/disable get statistics command button btnGetStats Click For each season Get goals Validate goals Get assists Validate assists Calculate total goals Calculate total assists Calculate total points Output season statistics in list Next Output season summary btnClear Click Clear all textboxes and output label btnExit Click Close program (hint: use “Me.close”) Step 5: Executing the Program To execute your code, click Start and then start debugging. Check your output to ensure that you have space(s) where appropriate. If you need to fix anything, close your execution window, modify your code as necessary, and rebuild. Step 6: Deliverables 1. Capture a screen print of your output (do a PRINT SCREEN and paste into an MS Word document). 2. Copy your code and paste it into the same MS Word document that contains the screen print of your output. 3. Save the Word document as CIS170A_Lab04_LastName_FirstInitial. 4. Zip up the Word document along with a complete set of project files into a single document. 5. Place deliverables in the Dropbox. END OF LAB
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at [email protected].
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at [email protected] and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.