Week 7 iLab—Sales Tax
TCO 3: Given a simple problem, design and desk-check a solution algorithm requiring a modular design that is expressed in terms of pseudocode or program notes, input-process-output (IPO) analysis, and flow chart.
TCO 7: Given a program with logic errors that is intended as a solution to a simple problem, employ debugging diagnostics to remove and correct the errors.
TCO 8: Given a more complex problem, develop a complete solution that includes a comprehensive statement of the problem, complete program design, and program documentation.
Your algorithm will write two functions called ComputeTotal( ) and ComputeTax( ).
ComputeTotal( ) will receive the quantity of items purchased, and the unit price of each item. It will return the total sales (quantity times price).
ComputeTax( ) will receive total sales as a number and the state as a string and return the amount of tax depending on the state. NJ requires 7% tax, FL requires 6% tax, and NY has 4% tax.
The main program will ask for the name of the customer and read the name in a variable called name. It will also ask for one of the three states listed above. It will ask for the number of items sold and the unit price of the item.
Main will then call ComputeTotal( ), passing the quantity and unit price. Main will then call ComputeTax( ), passing the state and the amount of sales and receive back the tax. Finally Main( ) will print out the total sales, the tax amount, and the total with taxes. For example, see below.
Enter the name of the customer: Jack
In which state (NY / NJ / FL) ? NJ
How many items were purchased?: 3
What was the unit price of the items?: 1.50
The total sales for Jack are $4.50
The tax amount is $0.32 based on a tax rate of 7.00%
The total with taxes is $4.82
Make sure you save the return values into an appropriate variable. Use formatted output to make the program more user friendly.
Be sure to think about the logic and design first (IPO chart, pseudocode, and flowchart), then code the C# program.
Point distribution for this activity:
Document Points possible Points received
Variable list 10
IPO chart 10
Hierarchy chart 10
Working program 20
Total Points 60
1—Variable List With Data Type
List all variables you will use (use valid variable names). Indicate whether the data type is string, integer, or decimal, and so on.
List the inputs, any processes/calculations, and the outputs. Use the same valid variable names you used in Step 1.
Inputs Process (calculations) Outputs
Use MS Visio to create a hierarchy chart. Paste the hierarchy chart here, or attach it as a separate document.
Describe your solution using pseudocode. Use the same valid variable names you selected in Step 1.
Screenshot of Running Program
Zipped Project File (submitted to DropBox)
Copy/paste your C# code here.
Paste a screenshot(s) of the complete working program here. Use test scenarios to test all possible paths of execution.
Submit a separate zipped file to the Dropbox containing the complete project folder.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at email@example.com and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.