Week 2 iLab
TCO 2: Given a simple problem, design a solution algorithm that uses arithmetic expressions and built-in functions.
Your goal is to solve the following simple programming exercise. You have been contracted by a local antique store to design an algorithm determining the total purchases and sales tax. According to the store owner, the user will need to see the subtotal, the sales tax amount, and the total purchase amount. A customer is purchasing four items from the antique store. Design an algorithm where the user will enter the price of each of the four items. The algorithm will determine the subtotal, the sales tax, and the total purchase amount. Assume the sales tax is 7%.
Be sure to think about the logic and design first (IPO chart, flowchart, and pseudocode). Display all output using currency formatting.
Advanced (optional): Use a constant for the 7% sales tax.
Point distribution for this activity:
Document Points possible Points received
Variable list 10
IPO chart 10
Pseudocode/VB code 10
Total Points 50
1—Variable List With Data Type
List all variables you will use (use valid variable names). Indicate whether the data type is string, integer, or decimal, and so on.
List the inputs, any processes/calculations, and outputs. Use the same valid variable names you used in Step 1.
Inputs Process (calculations) Outputs
Use MS Visio to create a flowchart. Paste flowchart here, or attach as separate document. Use the same valid variable names you used in Step 1.
4—Pseudocode or VB Code
Describe your solution using pseudocode or actual Visual Basic code. Use the same valid variable names you selected in Step 1.
Desk-check your solution by selecting appropriate test data.
Test data: List the values for your test data.
Expected output: What is the expected output of your program?
For each variable in your program, write the variable name selected in Step 1, in the heading for the variable columns (not all columns may be used).
For each step in your algorithm, write its step number in the left column (not all rows may be used).
Using the sample inputs above, enter the value of each variable after each step has been executed. Note any output displayed to the user.
Step Variables (write variable names in first line below) Output
Enter step numbers
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.