CIS 115 Week 1 Lab Overview
Title of Lab: Building a Registration Form and Pay Calculator in Python
Summary — Part 1 Create a program that allows a student to complete a registration form and displays a completion message that includes the user’s full name and a temporary password.
Summary — Part 2 Create a program that calculates a user’s weekly gross and take-home pay.
• 2 source code Python files.
• A Word document containing both source code and the screen print of the program outputs.
Part 1 – Registration Form
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Idle
Birth Year: 1934
Welcome Eric Idle!
Your Registration is complete.
Your temporary password is: Eric*1934
• The user’s full name consists of the user’s first name, a space, and the user’s last name.
• The temporary password consists of the user’s first name, an asterisk (*), and the user’s birth year.
Part 2 – Pay Calculator Sample Output:
Pay Check Calculator
Hours Worked: 35
Hourly Pay Rate: 14.50
Gross Pay: 507.5
Tax Rate: 18
Tax Amount: 91.35 T
Take Home Pay: 416.15
• The formula for calculating gross pay is:
o gross pay = hours worked * hourly rate
• The formula for calculating tax amount is:
o tax amount = gross pay * (tax rate / 100)
• The formula for calculating take home pay is:
o take home pay = gross pay – tax amount
• The tax rate should be 18%, but the program should store the tax rate in a variable so that you can easily change the tax rate later, just by changing the value that’s stored in the variable.
• The program should accept decimal entries like 35.5 and 14.25.
• Assume the user will enter valid data.
• The program should round the results to a maximum of two decimal places.