Week 1 Lab
TCO 1: Given a simple problem, design and desk-check a solution that is expressed in terms of pseudocode, flowchart, and/or input-process-output (IPO) diagrams.
This exercise will cover the steps used to create a solution. You will use variable lists, IPO charts, pseudocode, flowcharts, and desk-checking.
Point distribution for this activity:
Document Points possible Points received
Part 1 10
Part 2 10
Part 3 10
Part 4 10
Part 5 10
Total points 50
You have an idea for a restaurant tip calculator app that you want to develop to use on your mobile phone when you go out to eat. You can enter the amount of the check before taxes, the tax rate, and the tip percentage. It should display the amount before taxes, the dollar amount of the taxes, the dollar amount of the tip (calculated on amount before taxes), and the total amount including taxes and tip.
1—Variable List With Data Type
List all variables you will use (use valid variable names). Indicate whether the data type is string, integer, or decimal, and so on.
List the inputs, any processes/calculations, and outputs. Use the same valid variable names you used in Step 1.
Inputs Process (calculations) Outputs
Describe your solution using pseudocode. Use the same valid variable names you selected in Step 1.
Use MS Visio to create a flowchart. Paste the flowchart here, or attach as separate document. Use the same valid variable names you used in Step 1.
Desk-check your solution using the following sample data.
Amount of check before taxes: $28.50
Tax rate: 6%
Tip percentage: 18%
Enter the expected outputs.
Expected total tax amount:
Expected total tip amount:
Expected total including tax and tip:
For each variable in your program, write the variable name selected in Step 1, in the heading for the variable columns (not all columns may be used).
Step Variables (write variable names in first line below) Output
Enter step numbers
For each step in your algorithm, write its step number in the left column (not all rows may be used).
Using the sample inputs above, enter the value of each variable after each step has been executed. Note any output displayed to the user.
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at email@example.com.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.