Week 2 Activity—Game Seating Charges
TCO 2—Given a simple problem, design a solution algorithm that uses arithmetic expressions and built-in functions.
Your goal is to solve the following simple programming exercise. You have been contracted by a local stadium to design an algorithm determining the total seating charges for any game held at the stadium. Lower level seats cost $25 per seat, midlevel seats cost $15 per seat, and upper level seats cost $10 per seat. The algorithm should ask the user for the number of seats being purchased in each seating level. Then, the algorithm will determine the total for each level and a grand total for the entire purchase.
Be sure about the logic and design first (IPO chart, flowchart, and pseudocode).
Advanced (optional): Use constants for the per-seat cost for each level.
Complete the steps and submit the completed file to the Dropbox.
1) Variable list
2) IPO chart
Game Seating Charges
Document Points possible Points received
Variable list 4
IPO chart 4
Total Points 20
1) Variable List
List all the variables you will use (use valid variable names). Indicate whether the data type is string, integer, or double, and so on.
2) IPO Chart
List the inputs, any processes/calculations, and the outputs. Use the same valid variable names you used in Step 1.
Inputs Process (calculations) Outputs
Use MS Visio to create a flowchart. Paste the flowchart here or attach it as a separate document. Use the same valid variable names you used in Step 1.
Describe your solution using pseudocode. Use the same valid variable names you selected in Step 1.
Desk-check your solution using the following sample data.
Lower level seats 3
Midlevel seats 4
Upper level seats 5
Enter the expected outputs.
Expected total cost lower level ____________
Expected total cost mid level _____________
Expected total upper level ____________
Expected total for all seats _____________
For each variable in your program, write the variable name selected in Step 1, in the heading for the variable columns (not all columns may be used).
For each step in your algorithm, write its step number in the left column (not all rows may be used).
Using the sample inputs above, enter the value of each variable after each step has been executed. Note any output displayed to the user.
Step Variables (write variable names in first line below) Output
Enter step numbers
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at email@example.com and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.