Lab # : BSBA BIS245A-5B
Lab 5B of 7: Completing Forms
Given a physical database containing tables and relationships, create
which demonstrate effective user-interface design and allow for
entry and retrieval of data.
lab begins with creating a form in Access using the Form Wizard.
is created, the user can use Themes to change the appearance of the
second part of the lab uses Form Design to create a form. Finally,
completing this lab, you should be able to
a form using the Form Tool;
a form using Form Design; and
a form using the Form Wizard.
the MS Access Database file that contains the forms created in this
Form 1 – Form Tool – step-by-step 5
Form 2 – Form Design – step-by-step 5
Form 3 – Form Wizard—Employee/Customers Multi-Table Form
Form 4 – Suppliers and Products Multi-Table Form 10
Get the Database from Doc SharingPage 2 of 11
Download the Lab5_Start.accdb Northwind database file
Doc Sharing panel (Labs view), and Save the file to your local
Using Citrix for MS Visio and/or MS Access
If you are using the Citrix remote lab, follow the login instructions
in the iLab tab in Course Home.
You will have to upload the Lab5_Start.accdb file to your Citrix
the instructions located on the iLab tab in Course Home.
Start MS Access
If you are using Citrix, click on Microsoft Office Applications
If you are using Visio on a local computer, select Microsoft Office
1: Using the Form Tool
Employees table as in the following figure. You will see the
the Create tab, and then click the Form tool. Page 3 of 11
clicking the Form button, a new form is created by Access.
appearance of the form can be easily modified using the Themes option
Design ribbon. As you move your cursor over the various themes, the
adjust to preview how the modified form would look. You may select
for your form.
the Save button to save the form. Name it Lab5_Form1, and then close
2: Using the Form DesignPage 4 of 11
the Create tab; then, click on Form Design. (Make sure that you do
any of the tables selected in the Tables list on the left side of the
clicking the Form Design, a new form will be shown as the
followingPage 5 of 11
the Add Existing Fields
and then click Show All
to show all the tables in
database. Drag and drop
from the Customer table
the form. You can also
click the fields that you
to add. Select a number
fields from the Customers
Adjust the location of the
Then, click the Form
in the View list to see
form. The View button is
at the right.
viewing the form, click the View button again, and select Design View
to form design. Save the form as Lab5_Form2.
3: Creating Multi-Table Forms
can incorporate data from several tables in a single form. In this
create a form that displays data concerning one employee. The form
will also Page 6 of 11
data concerning the many customers that your employees serve. This
of relationship between employees and customers is called one-to-many
(one employee serving many customers). In this relationship, the
table is the “one” table and the Customers table is the “many”
create a multi-table form using the Form Wizard
the Create tab, then select the Form Wizard; and
sure that Customers table is selected in the Table/Queries box.
CustomerID, CompanyName, ContactName, ContactTitle, Address,
Region, PostalCode, Country, and Phone Fields from Customers table.
in the Tables/Queries, click on the down arrow and select Employees
See illustration on next page.Page 7 of 11
EmployeeID, LastName, FirstName, Photo, and ReportsTo from that
then click Next button.
sure that by Employees is selected in “How do you want to view your
also have the option to select Form with subform(s) or Linked forms.
Form with subform(s), then click Next.Page 8 of 11
the next screen, you have the option of selecting the layout of your
Select Tabular, and then click Next.
a title to your form (Lab5_Form3) and subform (Lab5_Subform3),
on View, and then view the form in Form View.Page 9 of 11
closing the form, go to Design View, and change the Caption
for the form to Employees. (See below.) Return to Form View
saving your form.Page 10 of 11
Form View your form should display nine records, showing employees
that they serve. These records can be cycled through on using the
options available on the lower left of the application screen.
will be prompted to save changes when closing the form. Say Yes to
at the prompt, and close the form.
4: Create a Multi-Table Form
instructions provided in Step 3, create a multi-table form, showing
are supplied by which supplier.
There is ONE Supplier for MANY Products. You must display the
fields: SupplierID, CompanyName, ContactName, ContactTitle, Address,
Region, PostalCode, Country, and Phone fields along with ProductID,
and CategoryID.Page 11 of 11
form should look like the following
should be 29 records in your suppliers, each providing numerous
your form as Lab5_form4, and the Subform as Lab5_Subform4.
5: Submit Deliverables
your MS Access Lab5_Start.accdb file as YourName_Lab5_ Final.accdb
the Access file created during this assignment to the Dropbox located
silver tab at the top of this page. (See Syllabus/”Due Dates for
for due dates.)
of Lab 5B
* You can also use 2CO option if you want to purchase through Credit Cards/Paypal but make sure you put the correct billing information otherwise you wont be able to receive any download link.
* Your paypal has to be pre-loaded in order to complete the purchase or otherwise please discuss it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* As soon as the payment is received, download link of the solution will automatically be sent to the address used in selected payment method.
* Please check your junk mails as the download link email might go there and please be patient for the download link email. Sometimes, due to server congestion, you may receive download link with a delay.
* All the contents are compressed in one zip folder.
* In case if you get stuck at any point during the payment process, please immediately contact us at email@example.com and we will fix it with you.
* We try our best to reach back to you on immediate basis. However, please wait for atleast 8 hours for a response from our side. Afterall, we are humans.
* Comments/Feedbacks are truely welcomed and there might be some incentives for you for the next lab/quiz/assignment.
* In case of any query, please donot hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* MOST IMPORTANT Please use the tutorials as a guide and they need NOT to be used for any submission. Just take help from the material.
******************************************** Good Luck ***************************************************
Any personal information received will only be used to fill your order. We will not sell or redistribute your information to anyone.
We will try our best to resolve the issue and if still persists we can discuss for a refund in case its required.